SLI issue

mighty_chick

Fully Optimized
ok anyone else on here that has SLI or know anything about it know how i can fix the problem of the top card being hotter than the bottom? i was thinking of a pci slot fan but that would only cool the bottom card. the reason i ask is one overheating, but just playing COD2 with 3d performance settings i was seeing artifacts...but when i closed out and finally got through desktop properties and all that crap the bottom card was only 60 degrees and cooling while the top card was 72 degrees and cooling

...72 degrees? Celsius? That's not too hot for a 6600 GT. Mine goes up to 98 degrees Celsius, and I have yet to see an artifact.

Try taking a fan, tieing the excess cord in a not and let it sit right on top of the card blowing upward

if i had a spare fan i would use it..maybe my brother will let me have his, his is a stock compaq system anywayi could try it. and no it wont fit above teh pci-ex slots because theres no pci slots up there

do u have any slot free? if u do u could get a water cooling kit for ur graphics cards and not a entire system just one thermaltake makes one with everything all together u just have to plug it in.

http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-wat-80.html

then just get another water block and u can have bothe with watercooling.

Back
Top Bottom