Sli Graphics Cards

golfer07

In Runtime
are all motherboards SLI capable or do they say if they are ??? and is it worth buying a 7800 when you could buy 2 6800 with sli?? are graphics any diff or what ?!?

They will say if they are, all you need to see is if it has @ PCI-Express 16X slots then it is, also 2 6800gt are better then a 7800GT, but they are more expensive.

No not all motherboards are SLI compatible. They will usually say if they are and if you unsure check the sli site... www.slizone.com and go under the build section and it will list all compatible motherboards. The 7800 is a higher end card but two 6800 would come close but I would go with the 7800gt or 7800 gtx. Its worth the extra money and when prices go down on these cards you could add a seocnd and that would be awesome. It would depend on how much of a gamer you are.

not all motherboards are sli capable! the graphics have to be nvidia cards for sli. ati's equivelent is crossfire, much newer.

first off the motherboard needs to have two graphics cards slots!!

a single 7800GTX will beat dual 6800's in sli! that card is amazing. if you got the cash go for a 7800! and then you've always the upgrade possibility in the future!

<edit> they've all beat me^^^ msn distracts and i type slow lol

The 6800GT SLI and the 7800GTX beat each other at different games; however, the 6800GT is going out of stock, and the replacement is the 6800GS. While it's as good as the 6800GT, the SLI gain in performance is not worth the money. Go with a 7800GT or a 7800GTX.

Back
Top Bottom