Sli

Windwaker222

In Runtime
ok so heres the deal, im lookin into the SLI mother boards from ASUS. Has anyone tried any yet and are they worth it (i think AMD Zen has).

Also, i was choosing between 2 6600GT's or 1 6800GT for the moment

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT DO IT!!!!!

They have problems!! If you are willing to wait, ASUS is fixing them. Now, if you wanted to go and get a dual Opteron from Tyan (as I am doing right now, then by all means, do it) Otherwise wait for January 19th, since that is when the US release comes around. They postponed it because of the problems (I was dumb and didn't wait...) Anyway, do what you will, BUT YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! :eek: :rolleyes: :mad:

well i was looking into buying around febuary so i have a little time, i dont think i would get the opterons since they are a bit pricy for my liking, i was thinking for towards a 3500+ runing SLI, will the prices stay the same on the new NForce4 boards when they come out

The resistor pathways were not put on correctly, causing the MOBO to surge at peak moments, causing massive overloads of critical system components. This is the exact explanation I got from ASUS. Anyway, wait until January 14th or 19th for release of A8N in US, and it will be fixed.

Dont get SLI. Its still an early technology, and it hasnt been perfected yet. BTW its expensive as hell too.

SLI has been tested enough its just down to driver and software corrects so wait until they sorted them out or buy and upgrade the software and drivers (sounds a big hassle to me) Btw i am getting a SLI motherboard if i had the cash to buy 2 cards i would tell ya how it works but alas that will be in the summer time i guess with 2 new Geforce 7800 or what ever it will be .

Back
Top Bottom