Size of sig

Maurice said:
You're great Mark, no-one will tell me how to do this, I have put similar messages at;
Hard/software,
Web progress & design
Genl Elecctrics
For sale
Shared hosting
& Security/hacking

This was following Seti's advice, could you do me a big favour, & set these others as stickies for me please?, I'm struggling to keep typing as I have been quite ill these last 3 days,

Also PM me on how to set stickies please, step by step.

Your'e a diamond, Thanks, Maurice

No probs, i think ive stuck them all now. as for stickying them in the first place, open up the thread you want to stick, click on thread tools at the top, and select stick thread. that will sticky the thread for you. hope this helps :)
Mark.

Well does the size depend on your resolution? Because I'm running at 1280 x 1024 right now and my sig is only 3 lines.

Really? I'm running that same resolution and it is 5 lines. You must have your text set extremely small. You know, the Control + Scroll thing? I think that'll be different on everyone's. But, I'm using the standard size.

just a suggestion........maybe we could delete, or un-sticky and lock, this thread so it goes away, and instead post a new sticky thread titled something like "signature size is 5 lines maximum" and only have one post in it telling people that there is a limit to have only 5 lines of info in your signatures....and then lock that thread so there remains only the one post in it with the info.

thebigdintx said:
just a suggestion........maybe we could delete, or un-sticky and lock, this thread so it goes away, and instead post a new sticky thread titled something like "signature size is 5 lines maximum" and only have one post in it telling people that there is a limit to have only 5 lines of info in your signatures....and then lock that thread so there remains only the one post in it with the info.
The sticky stays until I'm certain that all members have complied with the five line max. a lot have, what I would like are members PMing me, when they spot an over max, I have two already looking out for me, more would be welcome, lets get this admin backed quest out of the way, & back to normality, I, for one would be very pleased, I don't get joy out of this, believe me!
All contributors would remain anonymous of course, volunteers??

People ignore this stuff. That's what makes it such a pain in the butt for us.
You beat them over the head but it does no good. You wind up editing the sig or deleting it. Then it's WW3 in here.

setishock said:
People ignore this stuff. That's what makes it such a pain in the butt for us.
You beat them over the head but it does no good. You wind up editing the sig or deleting it. Then it's WW3 in here.

ahh not another argument but dw ur a mod lol its like you have SUPREME power lol.

Maurice said:
The sticky stays until I'm certain that all members have complied with the five line max. a lot have, what I would like are members PMing me, when they spot an over max, I have two already looking out for me, more would be welcome, lets get this admin backed quest out of the way, & back to normality, I, for one would be very pleased, I don't get joy out of this, believe me!
All contributors would remain anonymous of course, volunteers??

I agree with you that a sticky would be good telling people about the 5 line maximum for their signatures, however, if you read my post carefully, I have just suggested an alternative, less confusing stickied locked thread with only one post in it telling people the info rather than this long two page discussion about it. I think that would make for a much better, more professional sticky.

Back
Top Bottom