simple video conferencing

extendcradle

In Runtime
Hi guys,,, i have a sort of a problem... My head wants me to set up a simple video conference so that he is still interactively present when he's out of the town every executive meeting. We have DSL connection here in our office and my boss has a laptop with him. He also have wireless internet connection but serves only 45 kbps<lower than dial-up>. Do ordinary webcams could do video conferencing well? What software would you suggest except Yahoo messenger :) . thanx.... and wooahh,its my 100th posts!!!

Well done on your 100......101st post lol.

Yes, a normal webcam will be fine, just make sure it has a standard resolution of 640x480 and seems of good enough quality. You can buy webcams really cheap now, so thats not a problem.

As for the software, if you don't like Yahoo messenger, why not MSN Messenger? Thats a free service too and can be downloaded from here:

http://messenger.msn.com/xp/downloadDefault.aspx

That to me would be great for confrencing, and also allows microphone use, plus with the new version, you can go full screen instead of a window in the conversation box.

I hope this helps

wow, that connection is going to be really slow to use a webcam and voice over the internet. he better make sure he's not doing anything else on the net but running messenger.

Back
Top Bottom