Simple Upgrading Question.

roy944

Beta member
This is kinda of a basic question. I feel embarassed asking because I've been around computers for about 11 years now but I just wanted to make sure.

I've been looking to upgrade the Video Card and Power supply of my basic Acer computer. I just wanted to make sure that the Power supply fits before I buy it.

Computer: Acer Aspire M3300 Acer Support: Acer Aspire X3300 Desktop Series Specifications

Video Card I'm looking to get is:
Buy the EVGA GeForce GTX 560 1GB GDDR5 w/Duke Nukem Game at TigerDirect.ca
So basically a Pci-E x16 card would do.

Power supply:
Buy the OCZ ModXStream 600-Watt Pro Power Supply at TigerDirect.ca

Thank you so much.

Oh, and I just noticed looking back through that it only supports low-profile cards, so any GTX or high end Radeon is a no-no.

The stock PSU is only 220W, which means that you can put pretty much nothing in without needing a bigger one. To have a bigger PSU you'll need a new case, and having a bigger case would mean you could get away with a regular profiled card. You just need to determine the form-factor of the motherboard, if it's mATX or ATX you should be alright. There's a high chance that it will be an obscure form factor though, slimline PCs nearly always are. So, unless you've got a board in there that supports a terrestrial form-factor, you're largely stuck.

Back
Top Bottom