Side Panels & Vibrations

Beany

Beta member
Hey! Before I get to my question, I'd just like to shout out to all the peeps here. This my first post....so yea, alright!

I just recently built a new computer, and everything has been going well. The tiny problem I have is that my computer sounds like a freakin chainsaw! It seems like the case I bought, Antec Mini-tower SLK 1600, picks up vibrations easily. It's a great case and all, since pretty much all Antec cases are, but these vibrations are just a major pain. I can't concentrate at all, plus it's nearly impossible to sleep with my computer on. So, what I did recently was just to take off one of the side panels, and surprisingly enough, the vibrations stopped. Now, my question is, can I just permanently leave this side panel off while using my computer, or will this lead to any type of problem?

Oh and just to let you all know, the side panel that I took off was NOT the one that would leave the insides of the computer open. The side left open is the one where you cannot reach in the computer, if that makes any sense.

yer but leaving it of can cause heat, dust hardware proplems any way make sure all the screws are in tight not just that it could be a snaped bit od your case may make a noise sorry no more help from me, dont no what the proplem is but just make sure everything is tight, stable if u no what i mean.

Welcome to CF! How many fans do you have? Fans typically cause most of the noise/vibrations (so do hard drives).

o and has your side panel got a fan if it has make sure they wire around it aint near the fan that does sound funny lol.

get some real thin rubber and put it between the side panel and the case, that should absorb any vibrations.

Yo Beany ....As i can tell by the way you use the PEEPS word, i can tell your from around the way......

Word !! Welcome to one of the top informative computer related sites on the web.......Have fun here dog !!

Back
Top Bottom