Should we keep this Dell?

Paradox1

Fully Optimized
Ok heres the story. My parents baught me a Dell for christmas. an E310 I believe. Well I said I didn't want it (because I cant upgrade it at all), and theyre thinking of keeping it. They want an E510 but they dont know if their credit would be approved since they bought so much dell stuff this year.

It cost 600 dollars, Has a P4 processor (2.8ghz), 17" LCD, CD Burner DVD Rom Combo Drive, Onboard video and sound, only 1 agp expansion slot, 180 gig hard drive, and 512 RAM.

Now thats not good for me, I want it for things like gaming and downloading and all that jazz. Basically customization. Well They dont need it for that, Just get online and check mail, do online banking, browser the internet, etc.

So s that a good computer for my parents or should they but the E510? It costs $600, the E510 costs $1200 and has a 19" LCD and 13 in 1 Card reader. Thats the only difference between the two.

Sounds like a no brainer to me, but what do you guys think?

keep the E310 its more than fine for what they wana do with it and thats a nice example of dell there another $600 for an upgrade to a 19 inch monitor and a 13 in 1 card reader pfsh

You could upgrade, just buy a new mobo, thats what I did after a while..keep it, your mum and dad might be upset if you get rid of it. You can upgrade RAM, just get a new mobo..

Just keep it. Could have simple lan parties, mutiplayer games, network. Always nice to have two computers.

Your parents can hold off, since right now, new computers are coming into the new year, so expect low prices.

Back
Top Bottom