Should I leave my PC on sleep mode when not using it?

recon 16 said:
i heard that the more you boot it up and shut it down, it lowers the life of the Harddrive.

really ??

i never heard somthin like this....

yea I think that becuase.. THe power goes off. than the power goes on.. If you leave it on.. there is no off or on. Anyways this computer I have has been on for 5 months now..

Definitly leave it on it wil be fine :), Make sure that oyu have some good colling because your computer could get randomly hot you dont want it toover heat

Keeping it on will help the PC last longer then turning it on and off all the time. It won't hurt the PC to leave it on the whole year constantly. It does it good, mmm, yummy. Just make sure your room is kept cool and doesn't get too hot in there.

hmmmm...... i havent turned my computer off for a few months.... i dont notice any performance defects, even with my not-so-great specs.

I think I misread the question. Should you put it in Sleep Mode when you're not using it? Doesn't matter. I NEVER use power management and works perfectly. Well actually, I have my monitor shut off after an hour when there's no activity, but that's it. The hard drives always on though. No Hibernation, no Sleep, no Standby.

actually, though, if you have a version of windows older than xp, it is likely that it will lock up after a long time of being on.

Back
Top Bottom