Should I go for 8GB of Ram?

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
I can't imagine how cheap the DD2 is! I bought this ram about 7 months ago for $100 now its $50. Anyways I currently have 4GB of this exact ram, and seeing how it's only $50 do you think I should go for it and get 4 more? Will there be any noticeable boot in performance? I'm using about 43% of my current 4GB at idle. Anyways, here is the link.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231166

Thanks

The only reason i see why to go beyond 2GB is if you are using an Vista/W7, or similar OS, and the only reason why to go beyond 4GB is if you are planning to use the computer as an server.

The only reason i see why to go beyond 2GB is if you are using an Vista/W7, or similar OS, and the only reason why to go beyond 4GB is if you are planning to use the computer as an server.

What about bragging rights? :D

I don't really agree with that. With only 2 gigs in my rig, I feel a bit limited, I'd like to have 4. I was thinking about upgrading, but I need a new video card first.

I noticed a huge difference going from 2GB to 4GB. My programs opened faster and ran smoother. Photoshop really benefited, haha.

Yeah, I noticed a large improvement going from 2 to 4 gigs too. I mean, if I installed a TON of apps that used a lot of RAM I might go to 6 gigs but never anymore than that.

Back
Top Bottom