Servers Networks and the internet

outlawstar4761

In Runtime
I've done some work in programming and stuff and I thought that scripting knowlege would be best put to use via the internet and interent applications. So I'm looking for literature on these three things. We talk about servers all the time but I don't really have a solid idea of what one is. And I know about networks and the internet...but how do they work and how can I manipulate them? So any lit. you have that would broden my understanding would be great

Thanks

Their are so many different types of servers out there e.g IIS, FTP, Web, DNS, DHCP, Mail, Co-operative, Radius etc etc.

Which are you intersted in?

BullDog(UK)

A broad outline of them all and then I'll break down into specifics. Kinda like learning how a program works before deciding on a lang.

ehh would just google exackly what your asking. Also try to get into Linux operating systems. Don't get me wrong I love windows.. but the only real good thing about it is everythings compatible with it. Just look for some knoppix and mandrak live ISOs. They are operating systems that can run entirely off the cd -rom. I think you'll find it very intresting when you learn how the hole Unix system works, but like I said before google is going to be your best friend. Have Fun... if you need an ISOs for linux stuff send me a private msg and I'll rip a copy of mandrake live, knoppix, and knaotix for you, all you'll have to do is burn it as an image to a disk.. and off u go.

I've tried bootable linux stuff. I tried Fedora but it wouldn't boot, and I was using ubuntu but the resoltuion was huge so it was really annoying. But uh, yeh, I'd be very appreciative of any of those that you want to send. I'll check out some googling.

Thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom