Serious Noob Problem

demonofthefall

Beta member
Have a problem with my shitty intergrated graphics. I want to buy a new graphics card but I have no idea whether I have the slot for AGP or PCI-E. I can't tell the difference. Here's an image of my motherboard.

-----------------------------
Specs:
Intel Celeron 2.80GHz
512 RAM
40GB HD

1. you dont have either. those are basic pci slots. the best card for pci is ATI radeon 9250.

2. What computer is that?

Pretty much buddy. Guess you need a whole new motherboard. Sry
You could get a regular PCI video card, but it wont be AMAZINGLY better than you intergraded video.

Okay, weird, but do you see his post count? Two posts in this thread, but his count only says one..

Haha, must've been a cheap computer or motherboard. You can clearly see the hardpoints to solder in a AGP slot, but they don't use one. I guess you're gonna have to stick with your Integrated graphics or use a PCI video card.

HAHA, on my old E-Machine it had that too, the AGP connection was there and everything, the computer recognized it, and it was set up to work, but the socket wasn't there. With the tiniest soldering iron ever, and agp socket ripped off of a broken mobo, and about 35 man hours, me and my best friend alligned and soldered every single pin. Plugged in a 6600, and saw nothing, kicked it, and voila, it worked. Got drivers installed, and played COD. It was the most irregualr, iffy setup ever. Would randomely stop working about a thousand times, but hell it was fun. Sold the mobo over ebay for $50, lol, he thought it was cool cuz it was "modded" =)

I'm considering asking a friend who does this kind of stuff to solder a slot in, but i might just buy a new motherboard. I've been happy with my intergrated graphics until now, when i get a few games that I can't play, even by changing the quality from normal to utter crap. I suppose I'll have to start saving. Being a student bites.

Back
Top Bottom