Serious Monitor Problem

rohan23

Fully Optimized
So, I took my computer to my friend's house to play on his 42'' t.v. I came back home to set my computer back up. Everything went fine. On my monitor, I can see white lines going down the screen. The text is fine for a few words, gets extremely light and this repeats. It's like someone smudged vertical lines on my computer.

I would try opening the case and pull the graphics card out, clean off any dust you see on it and then put it back in. I have seen cards come loose when you move them around and sometimes this can fix the problem.

Okay, my card is screwed it tight, though. I'll give it a try. Could it be the monitor?

It very well could be the monitor.

I'd check how the display is on an alternate video card. If you have another computer, or area with spare parts, try it out. Simple task such as taking an old PCI video card and putting it in will give you an idea of where the issue is.

There's only one screw for the vid card, and even with it screwed in, it is still possible for it to come lose. Is the fan for it turning on?

graphic card problem, you must of damaged it on the way.
it happens man.
theirs a solution, just take the g card out, and have a look for loose conductors and lose things.

I took it out and put it back in. It didn't help at all. I'll try my old 2600 PRO.

The whole screen is blurry now. I was playing Dead Space before this happened. The color was fine. I can't see the white lines against dark backgrounds. If that helps.

Do you have another monitor you can try? It's possible it is your monitor but as much as I hate to say it considering you moved your computer around I would say it's probably the card itself.

Back
Top Bottom