Serious issues Acer Aspire

Swagg1

Solid State Member
I have a windows 7 home premium 64-bit Acer Aspire 5253 laptop
I'm having some serious issues with it, Im guessing regarding the hard drive,
When I turn on the computer, I get the black screen, with a few options, Safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last known good configuration, and start windows normally, Any one of them I try, the computer loads, it gets to the Starting Windows screen, and then for literally about a quarter of a second you see the blue screen, and it restarts to the same black screen, this happens with ALL the options available at the black screen, I can't get to the logon screen at all, I have given it to repair shops, they all say, they need to install a new hard drive but they are not sure if they will be able to save the files, I really need to save a few VERY important files, I need them, and I didn't have any backups, can anyone help me with this?
Or give me a link to where this issue would be better handled?
I have the laptop with me right now, any help would be HIGHLY appreciated!
Thanks

Purchase a 2.5 inch USB HDD caddy

Remove the drive from the laptop and place it into the caddy.

Any data that is rescuable will be there in the Users > your username

Retrieve all the data you want, then you may find the drive itself is physically fine, in which case, put the HDD back into the laptop, get an Windows 7 disc (which is free online legally), boot from it, pick the repair option, and choose recovery console.

run chkdsk /r and let it run though, then quit, remove the disc and see if it boots up, if it doesn't, the chances are you need a new drive, but you could try a reinstallation if you want.

I am very surprised the repair shops would refuse to do anything with it, I personally perform these on a daily basis, and I've only been in the industry for 4 months, and still an apprentice.

Thanks for the advice, I actually downloaded Ubuntu on a disc and loaded the computer on that, that way I got a chance to recover most of my files, I guess it just needs a new hard drive now

Back
Top Bottom