separating users

Darcwolf777

Baseband Member
I have recently made a second user account on my computer for my brother so he could do school work without messing with my music and games and such. When I went on to his account to cheack it out he could still access all the programs instaled on the computer through the start menu. Since my brother is not allowed to play video games i was wondering if there was a way that I could get these things off his account while still having them on mine. All responces are appreciated thanks

not sure...just make it a gues account, guests don't have access to much...I'd go from there

If you go onto Documents and Settings, and then to All Users - while also bringing up your accounts files. Then go into both Start Menu Folders; and then both Programs Folders. Then you can drag all of the Folders you don't want visable in his account into your account's Programs Folder. Then, his account won't be able to view them but yours will. Same with Desktop Icons if you have any in the All Users Profile - generally there aren't though.

A Guest Account will probably have all the games on it that All Users have too - so that may not work.

Back
Top Bottom