Selling PCs

davidelliott

Baseband Member
Hi,

I'm thinking of selling custom build computers on ebay. The only thing that is stopping me is;

a) Postage
b) Operating Systems

a) How would i post the computers, does anyone know? What happens if something goes wrong with it whilst it is on it's way? I could use the collection method but that will lower my audience. I was thinking of using ParcelForce, do they come and pick the package up from your house and then take it away? As you can see i don't have a clue about shipping, unfortunately.
b) How do people give you operating systems? I mean if you go to buy Windows on ebay your gonna be paying around £60 for a licence. Yet, I see people being able to sell brand new computers for the price of the components + say £30-40. Where they getting profit from that?

Any ideas?

Note that i'm from Scotland so any users that are going to reply to this thread refer to Great Britain please.

a) you use Couriers like UPS or ParcelForce (UK) and pay for special delivery with recording. + insurance so any damage will be paid for.

b) People who sell alot of PCs and do alot of Builds buy Volume Licenses (One key for X number of PCs, going up into the hundreds).

Just thought i might say, There's no good money in Builds. Once you've added your labor time on and VAT etc. It becomes too pricey for most people to consider. Even with those margins, you can't make any/much profit. The most we've ever made on a build is still sub-100 (business customers).

IT services is where the moneys at (repairs, refurbs), Plus eBay will rinse you for any profit you might make with their fees.

I kinda thought they would buy them in bulk.

No one is going to buy custom built computers on ebay in bulk. You would be lucky enough to get individual sales, my suggestion if you want to sell in bulk, sell on a wholesale website.

Back
Top Bottom