Security Probs

if he sets a bios password too, i'm sure his dad will have no problem flashing the bios to clear the password.

Hows this for an idea? Get yourself a removable HDD bay, install it and then everytime you leave the house, you can take the HDD with you or hide it. Lets see ya dad read that! Problem solved :)

Raffaz said:
Hows this for an idea? Get yourself a removable HDD bay, install it and then everytime you leave the house, you can take the HDD with you or hide it. Lets see ya dad read that! Problem solved :)
exactly my thoughts , or even better just get a removeable hdd

get a case with a locking door over the power button. Tell your parents that if they try to get into your computer, you will press criminal charges against them.

muz379 said:
exactly my thoughts , or even better just get a removeable hdd
I would say that the HDD bay was better, not all pcs can boot from a removable drive, but with the removable HDD bay it will be fine, and its cheaper than paying for another HDD.

Raffaz said:
I would say that the HDD bay was better, not all pcs can boot from a removable drive, but with the removable HDD bay it will be fine, and its cheaper than paying for another HDD.
should have explained better , i meant get an external hdd andstore all your files on it, but i agree that the removeable cady is a good idea ,

Thanks,The removable HDD is a good idea I think ill go with that but he is some how bypassing it using Safe mode and or command prompt, or something similar to this and gets in that way.I guess ill never know,, but thanks for the ideas.

ace777 said:
Thanks,The removable HDD is a good idea I think ill go with that but he is some how bypassing it using Safe mode and or command prompt, or something similar to this and gets in that way.I guess ill never know,, but thanks for the ideas.
Yeah thats fair enough, but if you get a HDD caddy and fit it, then install your internal HDD in there, you can take the drive with you and he cant access it coz you will have it. :)

Have you got an administrator password setup on the pc? If not then its easy to bypass in safe mode, so set one up in user accounts, and password protect it, if you havent done so already.

wood_workur said:
get a case with a locking door over the power button. Tell your parents that if they try to get into your computer, you will press criminal charges against them.
i cant beleive i didnt thing of the door lock i have one myself so my daughter cant keep tuning it on and off.
but i have to say the HDD caddy is a great idea and theres no way for anyone to look at what he is doing (BRILLIANT)

Back
Top Bottom