Security Probs

ace777

Fully Optimized
Ok, im getting tired of my parents sneaking in my room on my comp and looking through my stuff.How can i find out when they are on and what they have been doing, what programs, and how long? Also how can i lock up my computer so they can't get in what are some other things i can do to lock it up.All I have set up is a pass and that is all (no guest)

Thanks.

if you have got a password setup at logon, then they shouldnt be to access it, unless they know what their doing

they do, my dad has been working with comps for like 20 years and uses some bypass to get in there.Does anyone know how he is doing this?Is there any way i can tell when they logged on and what they did?

Ive got a few good ideas about how he is doing it, but im not gonna discuss it here. If you have XP pro then why not use EFS to protect your files etc

change the logon password and download a new firewall so he cannot get access via his own pc also change the name of your pc in the properties of my computer also change the work group so it does not show up on you dads network.then change all the logon passwords to your pc. try zone alarm for the firewall its free and very good

I dont think any of that will help mate, coz he is sneaking into the bedroom and looking, so he is using a certain program to bypass the password etc.

all they need to do is go on safe mode and logon to the admin acc that is only accessible in safe mode and make a new acc for now or sumthin and delete it later

there are monitering programs and stuff like that under the "covert ops" section in www.majorgeeks.com Give it a hit and see if any of those will do what you want.

some motherboard bios let you set a key to be pressed on the keyboard after you have you have switched the power button before the pc will actually power up it may be worth a look. also you could just download wincleaner and this will delete all histoy and websites you have been on just run it before you come off the pc this way thereb will be nothing for your dad to see.just google wincleaner

spywarebanisher said:
all they need to do is go on safe mode and logon to the admin acc that is only accessible in safe mode and make a new acc for now or sumthin and delete it later

However you can put a password on the Admin account.

Assuming you have physical access to any unlocked computer, getting in is a snap with modern password crackers.

Back
Top Bottom