Scanner Installation Problem.

NLAlston1

Baseband Member
I very recently had to do a 'System restoration' on my computer. When I got ready to re-install my Visioneer 8700 USB scanner I found that I couldn't find the driver disk after the 'New Hardware Found' surfaced, with a following request for the driver disk. I disconnected the scanner, rebooted my computer and went online to download a driver. Now , when I connect the scanner I don't get the 'New Hardware Found' indication. Also, when I went into the control panel - to have the computer search for new hardware - I could find absolutely nothing on my connected device. I really need this scanner operational, and hope someone can help me through this.

Yes, the drivers were installed - and I did have the unit powered on. What I actually did was to power the scanner on, first, and then I connected the USB cable to my computer. I don't know if, maybe, I should have connected the cable and then power the scanner on.

Hey all,

I am straight now. I don't know why my system gave the indication that the drivers were properly installed when, in actuality, they were not. But today I found out what the problem was. I no longer have the documentation for my scanner, but something told me to try installing the PaperPort software first. I did that, and then everything began to travel like it should.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom