Sata Mia!

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
Ok, this isn't really a question as more of an answer for future googlers and forum searchers.

Ok your case has decent cooling, not too great but decent you know your HDs aren't going fry or anything. But one day your just casually going along when you go to My Computer and see a entire HD MISSING! Now yur a educated guy and don't freak out, so you go out and look for a error go to the device in device manger it says error 10, you google it and proof got a solution, but this solution doesn't really mention your situation a SATA drive gone missing. Solution?

Well if you got a extra SATA cable laying around toss it in. This just happened to me, my SATA cable went bad on me. After some research SATA cables have this weird tendency to go bad... Fastest fix simply open up case, and plug in a different SATA drive, reboot with any luck your HD will be back and good. Do don't freak, your drive isn't screwed, just install a different sata cable.

I am particullarly thankful I have massed up a collection of SATA cables I have 5 atm, just used 1!

Not a copy

i'm sure this will most definitely come in handy, i'm glad you got it working again. but like you said, most people would freak out.

LOL I know I was like "OMFG!" Then I clamed down, told a guy said try replacing wires. I did and now it works :)

thanx im thinking of upgrading to SATA II from my ata133, this is always good to know :)

wud the performance increase be noticable? or wud i be wasting my time?? my current hdd is a maxtor 160gb 7200 8mb... thanx for the advice!

In all honsety, I wouldn't upgrade just to be SATA, however if I bought a new drive cause Ineeded more space i'd use SATA. There is a perforamce diff, I however do not se it.

And if you do go SATA, i'd suggest ensuring you have a back up cable.

Similar stuff happened to me once, though it was my mobos ide port that messed up. So no actual way of replacing it, but atleast I found out where the problem was.

Back
Top Bottom