SATA II HDD running temps

d_source

Daemon Poster
I have 3 SATA II drives running in my case. The PC was on for about 10hrs straight and running intensive programs. My HDD temps were about 50C and at one point one of the drives went up to 58C. Is this too high? What is the normal running temp for SATA drives?

thx.

I'm not really sure what is normal, but that seem a little on the warm side. I like to make sure there is at least a little airflow over the hard drives when I build a system. I usually don't see over 40C in any hard disks. Here is an example: (this is before I installed a dark knight HSF so the CPU temps are high)
CPUTemp.jpg

Well 58c is nothign to worry about, thats what 140f or so? Thats not too hot. HDD's run pretty hot and can run well under higher temps compared to other hardware. You could pull it and wipe off the dust. Or if you have a USB/mini vaccuum that would work great too.. But that is a LITTLE warm, nothing to worry about though.

Nah, 50c seems normal, certainly nothing to worry about. My hd in my laptop runs around 48-50c most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom