SATA to IDE? How do i do it?

danemartin

Solid State Member
hey, i just bought a 120 gig harddrive Sata 7,200rpm, and i have an older motherboard(ASUSTek CUSL2-C 863Mhz. I heard about Sata to IDE converters and they are relatively cheap so i thought to pick one up. just after i bought it, i heard you have to have an Sata controller as well, my question is thus: What is an Sata controller and how much do they go for..and 2)Do i need one to have this work for me?

hmmm i know you do get sata controllers, normally take the form of a pci card. dont know much about them sorry, why did you buy a sata drive if you dont have a sata mainboard??

can you tell us your computer specs please?? visit ebuyer.com for a card.

my specs? don't know why you need them but for curiosities sake, here they are...PIII 863Mhz 384MB ram, ati rage 128 vid card, onboard sound 20 gig maxtor IDE drive, 52x/32x/52/ re-writable burner and a dvd drive, don't know what else to tell you, it's a beast...my friends and i named her "BESSIE" for a good reason

I asked because it sounded old, which it is. I dont know if SATA is any benefit for that rig or bothering setting it up. You wouldnt notice any difference swapping it for IDE, and having less problems.

actually, i got it working, i just went out and bought this sata controller card and it works like a dream. ahhhhh, my days of insufficient drive space are over! THANK YOU! (dear god...thank you)*tear*

Back
Top Bottom