SATA hard drive

Lone136

Solid State Member
I'm setting up a new rig DFI LANPartyUT 250Gb and I have never used or set up a Sata hard drive. That being said is it any harder to set up and can you set up two to run in raid. I have one sata on the way and may get another if I can set it up in raid

Lone136 said:
I'm setting up a new rig DFI LANPartyUT 250Gb and I have never used or set up a Sata hard drive. That being said is it any harder to set up and can you set up two to run in raid. I have one sata on the way and may get another if I can set it up in raid
ok is this a question or what, i have failed to realize the point

Okay by raid u mean raid 0?

And about setting it up. Attaching the hardware is as easy as with the IDE hdds. U have to install the sata drivers BEFORE u install windows. To do this insert the windows cd and boot from it. Then in the very beginning it will ask u to press f3 (I think) to install a third party controller. Press f3 and it should take u to the setup.

I have never done this myself so some of the info might be wrong, so please correct me if u find any mistakes.

I believe it's F6 :)

..and if it doesn't come with a disk, you'll have to look for the files on the motherboard CD or download it at the manufacturers (motherboard) website and put it on a floppy using another computer. Lots of preparation.

It's kinda lame but you need to save the drivers onto a floppy. Then when you install windows it asks at the begin if you need to install any third party drivers hit f6. Also you need to turn off the raid setting in bios if you are using just 1. I had a lot of troble with sata the first time I used it but if you do that it should do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom