SATA configuration

thomas49th

In Runtime
Hi,

I have 2 sata disks - 1tb and 1 500gb.I have been using a 500GB sata disk coming upto 2 years. I got the 1 tb 2 days ago.

After connecting the 1tb hard disk, I can no longer detect my old 500Gb hard disk (in bios, windows, startup bootmenu). Could this have anything to do with the sata connection number, jumpers etc? If I upplug the sata connector from the back of the new 1tb drive (so the sata connector is still connected onto the board, i think in sata 1) and disconnect its power, I still cannot detect my old 500GB drive.

I think the 1tb is on the sata 1 connector. I havn't tried pluggin the 500GB into the SATA 1 connector (it might of used to be there), as it's so fiddly to get through all the wires near there. Perhaps my old 500GB drive used to connect to the sata one and if it's not in the SATA one then it needs to be set up as a slave.

I just hope it's not broken. Lots of old school work, music, files, programming on there. Alot of the school work was backed up, but even so.

Any ideas?

ahh i had the 4-pin molex power adapte plugged into a fan adapter (so you can run a fan off a 4-molex and then use it again).

Works fine now ;) Any idea why my pc 3x HDD, en880gt top, intel quad core 2.6ghz 6gb ddr2, 600w cpu only draws 129W of power, even when playing games.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom