Samsung Netbook N102S not picking up wired connection.

whatson

Beta member
Hi guys,

So i recently bought a samsung n102s netbook. It came with windows 7 starter on it, on which wired and wireless connections worked fine. Then I installed windows 7 professional, on which I could get a wired connection, but only a very slow wireless one. Now, I've replaced professional with Windows 7 Ultimate, and my wireless connection works fine, but I can't get a wired connection. When I plug an ethernet cable in, the icon in the system tray doesn't change to the square "wired connection" one, it just stays with the wireless one. The "wired connection" icon appears briefly during startup, only to be replaced again by the wireless one.

I've tried to update the drivers for the ethernet controller, which is type
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller, but to no avail; the wired connection is not picked up.

Could it be the operating system itself that is not compatible with it?

Thanks in advance!

Could you check the network and sharing center to see if the ethernet is disabled. Also, sometimes when it's connected it has a setting to show/not show in the notification area.

Have you turned the wireless network off to see if the wired network is actually connected and working? You can only use one connection at a time.

Back
Top Bottom