Is it safe for me to use Windows if someone else already used it

gangster

BSOD
I would like to Know is it safe for me to use windows xp because my stepfather bought him a computer and it came with a windows xp disc and he used it for his computer but I would like to know is it safe for me to use it because my mother has windows 98. So I just want to know can I use the windows xp disc for my mother computer. I mean even though my stepfather used the disc for his computer could I still use it for my mother computer so I could upgrade it. Thanks :)

My stepfather computer all ready had windows xp installed on it when he bought it because aol gave him the computer so he didn't have to install windows xp because it was all ready installed on his computer. So is it still safe for me to install windows xp on my mother computer even though his computer all ready had xp installed on it. I still can use the windows xp disc that came with his computer right ? I mean cant I still use the windows xp disc for my mother computer because his computer all ready had window xp installed so is it still safe for me to install windows xp on my mother computer because I am so sick of windows 98.

If it's an OEM Windows the license agreement states it should not be transferred from one PC to another. So in other words, if it came with the computer from a manufacturer, then you're not supposed to move it. Can you move it? Well, that's a different story.
Also pretty much any license agreement says you shouldn't have the same software installed on multiple PCs, so if it's not OEM then technically you should remove it from the other one before you put it on the new one. And you will need the activation code. You can get to it in your Control Panel\System window. Just a FYI.

Back
Top Bottom