S-video not right on my tv? Can I fix this?

Eighty8lx501

Baseband Member
On my Dell dimension 2400 I am running the ATI Sapphire Radeon 9250 PCI 256Mb video card. I am having trouble getting the full screen of my pc on my Toshiba Hd projection tv through S-video. The picture on the tv is cut off all around so I cant see the full screen. The resolution is all the way up. I have tryed allmost all the settings in the ATI catalyst control system. How can I fix this?

easy as pie, luckily!! since you have catalyst control, there should be a tv settings selection on the left side, i cant tell you exactly what it says because i dont have s-video on this computer, but i do have it on my other one, but once you click on this it should bring up a screen with boxs and arrows in the boxs towards the bottom, this is how you center the screen, zoom etc. just click the arrows until you get the picture into the desired size and position on your tv

Lowered the res. to 1024x768 and put the overscan on and thats the best I can do, Its better but not perfect. I would like to be able to run a higher res. with the right s-video setting for my tv.

check catalyst control center!!! i had the same problem until i adjusted the tv settings in the catalyst control center

I have tryed about every setting in the C. Control center, I think its the best its going to get. Its not that bad, But i dont like the Res soooo Low. I think its this older Hi def Tv that I have.

well if you want HD on your tv you need to get HD connectors to go from your pc to your tv, even if you jack up the res. its not gonna change the clarity its going to get more blurry the higher res. you get, if your tv is hd it should be able to display 1920x1080i and dont get me wrong, this WILL NOT work with the s-video, the graphics card limits the output res. of the s-video so it remains clear, but like i said if you want HD picture on your tv you need HD cables to connect your graphics card to your tv

Back
Top Bottom