Running my Computer "Dry"

t35stryker

Beta member
I have a MEGA 180 SFF PC and i was wondering,because i would do it sometimes, if you power up the computer w/o a Proccesor,HDD,RAM,etc would you run the risk of damaging the mobo?

Re: Running my Computer

t35stryker said:
I have a MEGA 180 SFF PC and i was wondering,because i would do it sometimes, if you power up the computer w/o a Proccesor,HDD,RAM,etc would you run the risk of damaging the mobo?
Here it is straight and i hope no one says more.This is not a problem,so if you want to experiment,go ahead,most of us want to solve problems.This forum is not for creating them,so blow your mind(cpu)
:rolleyes: :D

LOL. Kinda harsh, but that was a funny and valid point. Oh, and so that you know, I have tried doind what you said (except the processor was still in) with my dads old computer. I didn't hear any bad hissing, but who knows. Just a loud BEEP and then I got scared and turned it off...

Itsme

Itsme said:
LOL. Kinda harsh, but that was a funny and valid point. Oh, and so that you know, I have tried doind what you said (except the processor was still in) with my dads old computer. I didn't hear any bad hissing, but who knows. Just a loud BEEP and then I got scared and turned it off...

Itsme
I am a Dad/GrandDad and my kids know better than that.
What did this prove ?.
Sorry but you don't seem to respect your Dad.
:mad:

Prove? Nothing. Just sharing an experience for t35stryker, in case he was still thinking about doing what he said. And what the heck does this have to do with respect?

Itsme

Itsme said:
Prove? Nothing. Just sharing an experience for t35stryker, in case he was still thinking about doing what he said. And what the heck does this have to do with respect?

Itsme
Stay in the game,
(except the processor was still in) with my dads old computer
Remember above ?
Respect,ask Dad not here,tell him i'm sorry maybe,ask him instead of here,
My Son does.
:p

Erm...I was scrapping my dads old computer because he got new ones at his office...So he knew that I was going to scrap one and make another better, but the mobo and processor werent needed to do that...

Itsme

Let me Clarify

Thanks for the sarcasm,but the reason i ask this is because the MEGA 180 is HTPC and it can run as a HI-FI piece too. I wanted to make sure the PS worked cuz i didnt have a Proc,HDD,memory,etc. Remeber its a barebones SFF so i had to test it. Hope that helps clairfy it.

Back
Top Bottom