run out of pci slots

bigbondfan

In Runtime
our computer only has 2 pci slots, one of which is not accesible because the agp graphics card is right above it. i need room for both a firewire card, a tv card and a spare just in case i buy another pci card. i've seen some pci expansion cards, but we don't have the slot that it needs.

They should just fit into that 1 PCI slot you can access, giving you about 5 more or something

Kage said:
They should just fit into that 1 PCI slot you can access, giving you about 5 more or something
The card was an ISA card, the computer doesn't have any of these slots

Hmmm...

What pocessed you to buy that board? Very down and dirty basic little board. You're gonna be pretty much stuck with what you have but there are alternate routes you can go to make it work out.
First use the onboard sound. I have used and still do, C-Media products. The sound with the right speakers will rock the house.
Second if you want tv on the pc, Hauppauge makes a usb tv tuner that is good. I have an older model and it's great for the money. One model even has FM stereo radio. I gave $80.00USD two years ago and still have it. Comes with all the connectors and software.
Lastly I would install a gigabyte LAN card in the bottom slot, several massive hard drives and remote in to the system from another pc.

The slot the expanders need is called ISA and is outdated and not used on modern systems.

Back
Top Bottom