router problem

microcompiter

Baseband Member
I just bought a refurbished router, netgear wgt624 v3.
Once I pluged the dsl cable in it, and turn it on, it works fine, after about 5 minutes, network cable unplugged pops up on my screen.
Once I turn it of wait, about 5 minutes, turn it back on it works little while than it does the same thing again
Can someone help me out with this?

Might be a reason why it was "refurbished" ... unsuccessfully I might add. When I buy refurbished components I know I run the risk of it still not working, so I send it in to the actual manufacturer of the equipment as an RMA.

Sounds like it's over heating. Like anything else make sure it's open to the air and not covered up or has something sitting on top of it.
Also check the power pack to make sure it's the right one for that model.

ill assume that you used the software
or at least downloaded the installer
(usually there is a disk that helps to install and set up the router)
if you didnt use that IMHO that it wont belive

I took the ruoter appart, took it out of the case so it can get fresh air, it works but when I put it back together in his case it work a little while and then it stops.
It didn't come with any disk.
Only a website www.routerlogin.net, but would not open on my xp windows, only on my vista laptop

routerlogin.net Is not actually accessing the internet - the router is "intercepting" it, and using it's own internal (and very rudamentry) DNS Server.. I think? maybe not.

You don't need drivers for a router, but you do need to set it up. Go to the netgear website and look at the manual for your model. I'll bet real money that since you're on dsl your stay-alive setting is wrong. Under the part where you put in your id and password should be a drop down menu that lets you select how long you stay online and nothing going on before it drops off. Got to love PPoE.

Back
Top Bottom