Router Issues?

tamadrummer2287

Beta member
Just recently, I switched back to using my D-Link DI 524 Router for wireless access for my house. Before that, I was running straight off the modem and my internet never cut out. But ever since I started using the router, my internet frequently cuts out. It's pretty annoying as it takes about 5 minutes for it to start back up. I was wondering if there was any configuration I could do to my router that might fix this problem or anything else I could do. I appreciate any responses.

Well my computer doesn't have a wireless card so I'm plugged in directly from the router but I have other devices that need the signal.

make sure ya using an adsl filter on the phone line, and you can try updating the firmware on the router

a DSL Filter? no way, those things are just a gimmic, ive never noticed any difference with em on\off.

Before we get too far into the linefilter thing, are you using DSL? If not, forget about them, there is no need.

Also, something to try. Shutdown all the comptuers connected to the router. Then unplug the router from power, then the modem from power. Let sit for at least one full minute. Plug Modem back into power. Wait a minute to make sure modem is completely booted up. Plug router back into power. Turn on comptuers.

See how that works and let me know.

Yes, I am using AT&T DSL. I tried what celegorm said and it seemed to work fine . But I was snooping around on D-Link's site and I downloaded this driver/setup thing and everything was fine until it got to the "Checking Firmware" part and it gave me an error saying I needed to reset my router. So I did and then it checked my firmware and it was up to date, but I haven't had any crashes since then so I don't know if it was the reset or celegorm's help but I mean it's only been a short period of time.

Back
Top Bottom