Router + Gaming Question....

religion2386

In Runtime
We are about to get SBC DSL some time this week. Me and my room mate swtich from playing computer games and we have a PS3 as well as a XBOX 360...Is there any type of router geared toward gaming? Obiviously we want to have the computer game going as well as a console game....Any ideas?

i think the only thing that affects gaming when on a PC and a console is the type of speed you have.
If you have a fast speed, then nothing will really affect, but if you have a slow speed, then you will experience lag.

So what router I get for the MOST part doesnt matter? Its the SBC Elite package i think UP to 6mg down I think but Im not sure

i think the only thing that affects gaming when on a PC and a console is the type of speed you have.
If you have a fast speed, then nothing will really affect, but if you have a slow speed, then you will experience lag.

The lag is really from high ping (far distances) no?

Yea that ( which is why satellite sucks! ) and also if you are downloading or have a bunch of internet tabs/pages open WHILE your trying to play a game

The lag is really from high ping (far distances) no?

i guess, but the connection speed also depends since a computer and console are being used.
I missed playing PC games... i really need to go get me my computer parts...

They do offer "gaming" routers, but they are way overpriced for what you are getting. Any good quality, name brand router will work well for your needs.

We have four computers and an Xbox 360 connected to a Linksys WRT54GS wireless router and it works just fine.

:D

Back
Top Bottom