Router

Frimon86

In Runtime
I need a router for my dsl connection.

Im stoked, never used a router before but Im getting tired switching in and off of pcs so heres the scoup. Ive got a total of 4 computers I want to be online at all tiomes, actully 3 but sometimes I put on the 4th one for things but it wont be on much but I need a good router, I mean a solid router that wont break my wallet, I dont mind buying off ebay it just has to be a place in the UNITED STATES!

If someone can help search for an router or knows a good router they ahve on ebay or have at their house that i should buy.

I want to have 3 computers online at all times, but sometimes I will want this 4th one to be online here and then.

Let me know!

Hey,

I use a Netgear DG834 ADSL Modem/Router....now i know it is a modem as well, but it is the most stable and best thing ive ever used Modem/Router wise, and whats more, its reasonably priced.....below is a link for you....

http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/WiredRouters/DG834.aspx

Or, as i should have done, you can go for the wireless model of the same router.....which still has 4 ports for wired connections....

http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/GWirelessRouters/DG834G.aspx

Hope this helps,

Matt

Hey Matt this does help thank you. I am going to confirm with my isp to make sure it works but I think im going to get the bottom one, if it works. Thanks again!

Hey,

You are aware that the modem you choose is only a single port ethernet, meaning you can only connect one pc to it, not the 4 which you said you will have.....correct me if i'm wrong...

Matt

Mattyl110792 said:
Hey,

You are aware that the modem you choose is only a single port ethernet, meaning you can only connect one pc to it, not the 4 which you said you will have.....correct me if i'm wrong...

Matt
Correct....you can't use it with the setup you are wanting to do.

Here are the specs on it:
http://www.dsl-warehouse.co.uk/product.asp?pr=DM602

You don't necessarily need a modem and router all in one, since you already have the dsl modem you could just buy a router, wired or wireless, whichever you'd like. But I'd go with something by Linksys, D-Link or even Belkin. Anything but Netgear.

Tommy Boy said:
Correct....you can't use it with the setup you are wanting to do.

Here are the specs on it:
http://www.dsl-warehouse.co.uk/product.asp?pr=DM602

You don't necessarily need a modem and router all in one, since you already have the dsl modem you could just buy a router, wired or wireless, whichever you'd like. But I'd go with something by Linksys, D-Link or even Belkin. Anything but Netgear.

I myself havn't used a Linksys but hear they are good, but D-Link, please stay away at all costs lol.....i went through 3 in one year, and have now had this Netgear for, pushing 2 years without one hiccup..btw im not the only one who has had countless problems with D-Link.

Matt

Mattyl110792 said:
I myself havn't used a Linksys but hear they are good, but D-Link, please stay away at all costs lol.....i went through 3 in one year, and have now had this Netgear for, pushing 2 years without one hiccup..btw im not the only one who has had countless problems with D-Link.

Matt
I have been using a Linksys WRT54G for about 2 years now without a problem. I have 2 computers connected wirelessly and a PS2 hard wired. I also use Linksys wireless pci adapters in my computers.

I know people who have D-Link routers and haven't had a problem with them. I guess it's just your personal experience with them.

Im with adelphia.net right now and I have a SB4101 SurfBoard Cable Modem, I want to get rid of this baby and get a router, I have 4 computers that I want to be connected at all times, 24/7 through a wireless router.

My internet is where I can talk on the phone at the same time while being on the internet so I need a good router to purchase, I want to stayunder the budgetof $60 if anyone can find me one on ebay or give me the actual name and everyuthings so i can look it up on ebay.

Anyone??

Frimon86 said:
Im with adelphia.net right now and I have a SB4101 SurfBoard Cable Modem, I want to get rid of this baby and get a router, I have 4 computers that I want to be connected at all times, 24/7 through a wireless router.

My internet is where I can talk on the phone at the same time while being on the internet so I need a good router to purchase, I want to stayunder the budgetof $60 if anyone can find me one on ebay or give me the actual name and everyuthings so i can look it up on ebay.

Anyone??

Hey,

As i said before, the Netgear DG834G is a nice little wireless modem/router, and is nice for price too...here is a link to the product....remember you will also need to buy wireless Network cards to install in each PC, which will set you back about $40 AUD each pc (i think thats about $25-35 USD but dont quote me).....

http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/GWirelessRouters/DG834G.aspx

Matt

Back
Top Bottom