Riva Tuner + Vista 64bit no longer working?

Okay what is going on here. I'm running Vista Ultimate X64bit. I had Riva Tuner running just fine on the latest 162.22 drivers. Today is the first I realized it and only because my GPU temps were rather high. So heres what happens I try and load Riva tuner and get the following.

Windows tells me that "Driver signing enforcement must be disabled in order to start Riva Tuner under Vista X64" then it asks me to reboot to disable driver signing enforcement.

I click yes and reboot. Nothing changes. I've tried re-installing riva tuner and that was a no go.

Searched google for similar problems did find a cmd work around that I tried. Were you load in Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON running as the admin and reboot and it still isn't working. Using the latest Riva tuner 2.02

Whats going on?

Riva Tuner probably dosent support the new drivers. you could do a rollback on your video card driver to get Riva Tuner to work again.

I know Riva tuner did support 162.22 cause I ran a bench test overclocked to see if they were any better than the last set of drivers.

Ihuser my GPU is fully supported. I'm not sure whats going on here. Its not a big deal on the overclocking yet but I can't even get in to change my fan speed. So now i'm stuck at 60% which is causing my card to run around 73C

A quick question I think the fan plugs into the card on the back with a regular 3 prong. Could I just take it off that and hook it up to my fan controller to increase it?

no there not a regular 3 pin there a really tiny version of a 4 pin, dont bother. thats on my EVGA card but im pretty sure we havve the same cooling scheme so it shoudl be the same

EDIT:
there should be other programs to change your fan speed.

Well after some more searching it appears one of the updates contains a fix to stop the ability to run a non signed driver. You can reboot as much as you want but it won't work. Its in one of the latest updates can't figure out which one though. I may try unistalling some of the updates till I pinpoint the one that locks it.

On the plus side there is a half a$$ work around. Hitting f8 after vista starts to boot and it will load a secondary menu with a option to disable driver signing for the session.

So right now Riva Tuner is working fine but the next time I restart my computer if I do not to the F8 at boot and disable the driver signing it won't work again.

Back
Top Bottom