Rip off

brandnewfanatic

Solid State Member
Okay, so i just purchased a compaq presario dektop pc, and the second day ive had it it states

"virtual memory too low"

and its happened to me numerous times.

I checked to see how much memory of RAM i had, and its only 192!

I purchased this computer with the label on the box stating their was 256 mb of RAM included.

Ive been ripped off, what do you suggest i do?

I also have a problem with deleting files i no longer want.

Ive purchased panda antivirus TITANIUM 2005, and it wont uninstall, so i manually decided to delete all the files having delt with it. Did that, and was left with .dll's i cannot delete bc of the error message

"cannot delete "DLL": Access is denied

and so on, about it being in use.

these files are:

PAVLSP.DLL
PAVTRC.DLL
SHELLTIT.DLL
TITCFG.DLL
WebExcl
ICL_CFG.DLL

SO, ive tried many programs, including Moveonboot, to try and delte it before it runs, but no, it did not work as it said it would.

ive also tried making a batch file run on startup to delete a specific file. Didnt work either.

I alwaays go to task manager, than processes, and end the process of relation to the files i want deleted.

Still says it is running when right clicking and delete.

I really need this fixed, i JUST bought pandas new anti-virus for a lot of my money, and i cannot install it, Because it states it cannot install when TITANIUM is still installed, which it is not, Even though it does show up in the add/remove programs screen. But it is only 0.83 mb's in size, meaning only the dll's are remaining.

i cant uninstall it from there, bc of deleting the uninstall file.

Big pickle, i know.

Any help/replys would be MUCH appreciated, seeing as how ive been up days trying to delete these files!

192, that is correct, you need RAM to run the computer, thats why you only have that much ram left. Either way what are you trying to do with 256 of ram? 256 is very low, how much did you pay for that computer and what are the specs on it? Like what CPU.

i've never had problems with COMPAQ or HP before. i'd say take it back, and depending on how much you paid for it you could probably build a better one

when i first bought my comp it said 256 on the label and i looked only finding 192.

This was only because i had intergrated gfx and 64mb of it was shared with gfx. Buy a video card and thatll free up your other 64, leaving your 256 :D

but im not sure with all the other things. ide say take it back and show the retailer the faults.

hope this helps :D

That or just bump it down a bit. I run my laptop at 8M(as low as it'll go) leaving me 240M left. So far only one game has needed more. All the photo and video editing has been fine with only 2M.

Next time you should read the lable ;P Last time I was looking at these comps they specify that some ram is shared.

Back
Top Bottom