Right I think it's time for this thread....Windows...Or Linux

joxley1990

Golden Master
Right, im sure you have been waiting for this. Which is better, Windows Or Linux!?

Im am only saying windows at the moment as I have had little experience with Linux, and I like the GUI with windows.

What do you think.

i would deffinately use linux if everything from windows would work on it so im gona say windows for now

Linux is twice as good as windows, but unpractical in North America, but i won't give out to windows, because i just use windows by default.

The "Linux" GUI is entierly customisable, you can make it exactly like windows.

That being said, for desktop use Linux sucks holy ballsacks. In fact if you need to unixish system I say just go for MacOS X, its flexible but you can also use it for things.

Windows is much better on the desktop.

Depends what you want to do, Linux would be a gong show if you wanted to play the latest games with a new Video Card :)

On the other hand, we have Linux machines at work and they're awesome for word processing, coding, calculations... Plus they allow multiple users to connect simultaneously and use different programs. But Linux is exceedingly un-user friendly and takes a lot of time to get used to.

i was was a lad .. lol ... when i was on this forums many moons ago .. i remember loads of threads like this!

joxley1990 said:
Yeah. but if your a techie then its good?

right?

If you can be arsed with it, but if your just doing day to day desktop stuff I'd hope a techie would have more sense and stick to something more polished.

joxley1990 said:
Right, im sure you have been waiting for this. Which is better, Windows Or Linux!?

Im am only saying windows at the moment as I have had little experience with Linux, and I like the GUI with windows.

What do you think.

KDE (Linux GUI) 4 lyf

Back
Top Bottom