Remote Desktop Over Internet

ssc456

Fully Optimized
ok heres the deal i have a friend whos currently living in london and he needs me to do a bit of work on his comp,

and he is hardly ever in at the same time as me, when he is in we use live messenger to remote desktop to his comp,

but i need to do some work without him there

now i have tried explaining logmein to him and he simply doesnt understand,

so is there any extremely simple software he can install so i can remote dekstop him when hes not there

or is there any very clear instructions i could give to him

or can i use windows remote desktop ????

i hhave tried but its not working so basicly in in mk hes in london and i need something thats really simple so i can explain to him and that i can remote desktop to him ?

n e ideas

He cant follow logmein instructions?

Say...

'Go to logmein.com.
Log in at the top right hand of the page. (With username and password you give him)
Scroll down the page, look about halfway down on the right hand of the screen for a green + and 'add computer'.
Say yes to install plugin.
Yes to install.'

Done. Then you can log in and remotely access his pc.

I did this with a mate the other day.

VNC is really simple to use, just install it and all he has to do is make sure that VNC server is running on his computer. Then you go to VNC viewer and put in his ip address and viola...you're in. You might want to do this with him there the first time in case you have any problems with firewalls or whatever that you need to address.

Then basically you can access his computer anytime as long as VNC server is running, the default is for it to start up when windows starts. I use it on my network, it's very simple.

He cant follow logmein instructions?

Say...

'Go to logmein.com.
Log in at the top right hand of the page. (With username and password you give him)
Scroll down the page, look about halfway down on the right hand of the screen for a green + and 'add computer'.
Say yes to install plugin.
Yes to install.'

Done. Then you can log in and remotely access his pc.

I did this with a mate the other day.

VNC is really simple to use, just install it and all he has to do is make sure that VNC server is running on his computer. Then you go to VNC viewer and put in his ip address and viola...you're in. You might want to do this with him there the first time in case you have any problems with firewalls or whatever that you need to address.

Then basically you can access his computer anytime as long as VNC server is running, the default is for it to start up when windows starts. I use it on my network, it's very simple.

well i tried VNC but we had problem with port forwarding so that didnt work,

but im going down there next week so ill jus use logmein but ill set it up my self

Good luck getting them to port forward VNC, and set a static IP.

Back
Top Bottom