Remote desktop connection Windows 7 to XP?

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I'm doing some research on this myself but I was just wondering what everyone here knows about remote desktop connection. In my house there are two desktops (1 Windows 7 and 1 Windows XP) and two laptops (1 Windows 7 and 1 Windows Vista). I have never used remote connection before but from what I understand it means I can control one PC using another. I was wondering it if it possible to use this feature accross different versions of Windows and also in general how I set it up (and how easy it is to do this). Thanks for any advice.

Under Control Panel\System and Security\System (in Windows 7 and Vista) there should be an option for "Remote Settings". Click on it and you will see the settings available for this. Pretty easy to configure... XP should be something similar as well. You can also use "Windows Key + Pause Key" instead of "Control Panel\System and Security\System" to get to the right spot.

I was having trouble getting mine to work, so i went to logmein.com and have all my other computers set up to it. You download a lightweight program and as long as the other computers are on you can access them. I am on the trial and i love it, but soon i will have to pay:eek:

Back
Top Bottom