Reformatting your pc

Frimon86

In Runtime
Is completely wipeing everything off your pc, a good idea.... like will it cause harm to the pc?

Not at all, infact it's the surest way of getting rid of a nasty virus you cannot get rid of. all new hhd's require a new format too.

It is, as far as i know, but its a good idea to make sure you back up, back up, back up.
Everything that is useful and what you need, but im sure you knew that already but yeah as Mr mixx has said, about the nasty's,
Make sure if you do back up that you don't carry anything along with you that its going to cause more problems, like virus's etc, etc.

some people reformat once a year just to lose any junk that's on it, and get it running like new again. the easiest way would be to get a disk imaging program, reformat, take an image of the clean windows install, and save it. then go on and load all your programs, my documents folder you saved, etc. next time you want to reformat, you can just reload the fresh install disk image you saved, and should be able to do that in about less than ten minutes.

thebigdintx said:
some people reformat once a year just to lose any junk that's on it, and get it running like new again. the easiest way would be to get a disk imaging program, reformat, take an image of the clean windows install, and save it. then go on and load all your programs, my documents folder you saved, etc. next time you want to reformat, you can just reload the fresh install disk image you saved, and should be able to do that in about less than ten minutes.

The one problem with this however is you will need to install a year's worth of updates for windows, drivers, antivirus, games, office software, etc.

Reformat I do about 7 to 8 months just to get rid of junk if you maintain your system good enough you should be able to go a year plus without having too. In fact the PC at work has been going strong for 2.5 years now.

well with my ways (installing new vista versions every 1-2 months) i dont really keep anything all that important on my pc, so that i can just format.

Back
Top Bottom