Reformatting trouble

the_person

Baseband Member
hey guys,

I'm currently trying to reformat my system using the Windows XP installation disc through BIOS, but it seems to be having trouble detecting either two of my hard drives. My C hard drive (200gb), which im trying to reformat and my F hard drive (80gb) 'cannot be recognised by windows', and that I need to check that my hard-drives are fitted correctly. Both hard-drives run perfectly fine when im actually on windows, and are both recognised. I've done a successful reformat before this with no trouble. I'm a complete amateur at this, so any advice would be much appreciated.

thanx in advance

yeah i got a floppy drive, but im pretty sure that the RAID drivers are installed on the computer?

well they are now, but windows xp setup doesn't reconize them unless you load them during the setup, when you go into windows setup, at the beginning it says to press f6 to install additional drivers or 3rd party raid drivers. press f6 then and when a screen comes up it will ask you to insert a floppy disk with the drivers. put ur driver floppy disk in, and it will load them, u may have to select which drivers to load. then they will be reconized :)

I've put the disc in the floppy drive, pressed F6 and got the following message:

Setup could not determine the type of one of more mass storage devices installed on your system, or you have chosen to manually specify an adapter. Currently, setup will load support for the following mass storage devices:

<none>

to specify additional SCSI adapters, CD-ROM drives, or special disc controllers for use with windows, including those for which you have a device support disk from a mass storage device manufacturer, press s.

if you do not have any device support disks from a mass storage device manufacturer, or do not want to specify additional mass storage devices for use with windows press enter.

if i was to press enter, then I get the message that windows could not identify any hard drives on my system and setup cannot continue.

Any ideas?

Press S there, and it gives you a list of the drivers on the floppy. Choose the correct one and then press Enter when the screen comes up again.

Back
Top Bottom