Really old computer and linux

peteyboy22

Baseband Member
I have a super ancient computer. Is there some way i can partition part of the hard disc, and just copy and paste a small linux OS on it?.. The computer doesn't support booting from a disc and i don't have any floppies..

You could compile Gentoo for it, but that'd be a lot of work. I suggest a network install of Debian.

Does it have usb? If so, you can use unetbootin for a flashdrive install.

bios is to old for booting from usb or CD... the only thing i know it can boot is from floppies... idk about network before, i've never tried it, or heard much about it.. would a computer that originally had win 95 be able to a network install?

Maybe. idk, it depends on the computer.

Have you tried debian's installer.exe project? idk if it's compatible with W95, but I know it worked on 2000, so it's worth a try.

there is a CD boot floppy floating around somewhere on the internet. That would also work.

Maybe. idk, it depends on the computer.

Have you tried debian's installer.exe project? idk if it's compatible with W95, but I know it worked on 2000, so it's worth a try.

there is a CD boot floppy floating around somewhere on the internet. That would also work.

Back
Top Bottom