Really cool?

SlickRick15

Baseband Member
Well, heres my setup:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6000 OC'd to 3.2 GHZ runs at 22C idle
EVGA 8800 GTX runs at 34C idle
2xWD 250GB SATA Drives in RAID 0
Zalman 9700 CPU cooler
Antec 900 case with optional case 120 mm fan installed.
2GB XMS DDr2 Corsair RAM
600W XION Power Supply with 22a on 12 volt
Question is, my hardware is running really cool, did i not do somrething right lol it runs BF2 just fine but i dont know it just seems like the temperatures are too good to be true compared to otehr users with the same hardware.

dude antec + zalman cooling = wow temperatures
i got a verry smiler setup
just 750 psu and a gts

It could be reading wrong. My E6300 idles at 35ish while my dad's E6400 (which I secretly stole from his computer for a little while to see how far it would OC) said that it idled at 24* at 1.5 Vcore.

brings me to another question, in my BIOS i set hte MHZ to 400 and multiplier to 8 to equal 3.2 GHZ. Prime is reading it at 3.6 GHZ and same with another program (forgot the name) any explanation? How do i wokr this prime thing anyway?

Try downloading cpu-z, it tells you everything about clock frequencies. Just run 2 instances of Prime95 while having a thermal monitoring program running like Speedfan, CoreTemp (Some have crashing issues with this), or Intel Thermal Analysis Tool.

Lol i have another question, Ok say i have a little bit of stuff open like speedfan msn, and Windows Media center, when i go into media player and select the visual display the thing the audio distorts and such. Sometimes i experience this in some games. Do i need a sound card? Or is it my speakers? What could be the problem as i dont think its my processor or anything.

Back
Top Bottom