REALLY BIG PROBLEM DVD-rom and CD-rw drivers missing

RAFDOG said:
how do you find out what windows version it is all i know its Windows xp home edition version 2002 service pack 1
i didnt think there were dvd's and burners back then either thats why i think its the wrong one
i went to the pioneer website i found the exact same dvd player but there arent any drivers for it

to roll back a driver what you do is goto device manger and click on wateva u want to check and click on the drivers tab

My DVD-Rom and CD-rw drivers are missing they may of been deleted and i tried to download new drivers but they dont install
You can't dl drivers for this kind of device,sorry
Send me the link.
Thats impossible,unless YOU screwed up.Start over.

I can't beleive that,roll back,give me a break. told you that ?
Click on whatever you want,
no wonder you have problems.
So what does "roll back" mean ?
And once again now that i know.XP detects all cd drives and needs no more drivers etc.
I think you have done too much unnessary fiddling around,admit it .
:confused:

You can never do too much fiddling! :D

But Bluto does have a point; somewhere in the fiddling something went wrong. Drivers for DVDs and CD-RWs are all on Windows; just roll-back the drivers or uninstall them and wait for Windows to automatically install them again.

Good luck.

Lord Kalthorn said:
You can never do too much fiddling! :D

But Bluto does have a point; somewhere in the fiddling something went wrong. Drivers for DVDs and CD-RWs are all on Windows; just roll-back the drivers or uninstall them and wait for Windows to automatically install them again.

Good luck.
Thanks as i don't know a lot about XP except it is very good at "plug and Play devices like this,so i repeat.
Stop looking for "drivers" Get XP to recognize your P and P device.
Go to Install new hardware.
:D

it recongnizes it but i looked into the details and it said the driver may be corrupt or missing and i have gone to install new hardware it simply needs a new driver and i cant find a decent one tgat actually works for mine

i found out y my drivers arent installing i need a thing called mscdex.exe does any1 now how to get it and where

i found that file and did it and it configured it itself and then the driver installation worked fine but for some reason it still dosnt work so all i can think of is that the driver is buggered and i got that 1 from pioneer so im out of ideas so i'll probably pay someone to fix it so unless any ideas

thanks to everyone that tried to help
gracias, origato, terima kasih and wateva

RAFDOG said:
how do you find out what windows version it is all i know its Windows xp home edition version 2002 service pack 1
i didnt think there were dvd's and burners back then either thats why i think its the wrong one
i went to the pioneer website i found the exact same dvd player but there arent any drivers for it

to roll back a driver what you do is goto device manger and click on wateva u want to check and click on the drivers tab
Xp does not need mscdex,that's old Dos history.
When it did the install disk would write something like this to your Autoexec.bat file.
LH/L:136340D C:\cdrom\mscdex.exe/C:mscd001
mscd001 is the name of the driver.
This is history man,start over.If it's warranted take it back.If you bought a package then this post is hard to understand.

Back
Top Bottom