Really, a 3GB?

JR101

Beta member
I own a gateway computer, probably made around 2000 or 2001, and it has windows xp service pack 2. But it's really slow. Some of my friends don't believe me or laugh when i tell them my hard drive size. Its 3GB(not 30 but 3). And its really amazing how i don't download anything and i only have 532MB of free space left. Why me? Anything i could do? I can't afford a new computer.

yeah, if you bought it from a authorized dealer, it should be a 3gb partition.
It will only be 3gb if you bought from like a guy online or on the street or something.

something made in 2000 or 2001 is going to have at least 20 if not 40gb at minimum in it

its probably just a 3gb partition ,
basically go
start/control pannel/admin tools/computer management/and then when it opens go to the disk management tab on the left hand side it will tell you the true size of your disk

No, like when i click the Local disk(C: ) once on mycomputer, it says total size 3GB

yes but thats just the partition not the actual physical disk size
cos when i go into ,my computer on my computer there is like 6 disk drives but i actually only have 3 physical hard disks ,
they are called partitions , use the method i shown you above and you can create another partition

its fine dont worry when i and many others started off here we didnt know nearly as much as know now

3 wow that is small. your os takes 1/5 of that. i had this very old computer that had a funcky processor in it the poped in like a card. it must be like socket -10 lol. and that had a 10 gig in it.

and yes when i started i new very little and depended on my parents friend that new a bit. but 3 months later and i bet that i know more in some areas then he does and it is his job. and i am only 14 and abut to build my own computer. these fourms are very good teachers and mostly the people on it.

That "Socket -10" thing is called Slot 1. Ad as for your 3GB partition, look in Disk Management, to see if there isn't more space available. To go there, Right-Click MY computer, select Manage.

The left column bar should have Disk Management somewhere in the near end of the list.

Back
Top Bottom