Rapid CPU Temp Drops?

ryanhoang@gmail.com

Solid State Member
Hi. I have a ZALMAN CNPS9700 on a AMD 6400+

Usually the CPU idles at around 18-20 degrees.
But it can get very chilly in my room so I just turn on my heater. Then, the CPU temps idle at round 35 degrees.

Will this rapid change in temp affect the longevity of the CPU?

Thanks

What do you have your computer set on top of the heater lol?

Its not a rapid change in temp of course the computer will run hotter when ambient room temps go up. 63C seems to be the recommended threshold. So as long as you stay under that you'll be fine.

Idle temps really are not important you want to make sure your loaded temps are under the threshold. Download Orthos see my overclock sig for direct links to the download. Note Orthos is extreme testing. Your temps will never get that high in actual gaming. So if you see a peak of like 60C in orthos you can pretty much be assured your CPU probally won't get under 50C under normal day to day load/gaming.

Mattie is correct. Do what Mattie said to do, and max temps are what counts. But the sounds of your idle temps, load temps should be just fine since your idle temps is about average.

Orthos didn't do anything to my Quad I found. I ran two instances of it on 2 cores each, and they didn't peak.

Orthos didn't do anything to my Quad I found. I ran two instances of it on 2 cores each, and they didn't peak.

It should if you have it setup right. Why don't you check your Affinity settings. Do this hit Ctrl,Shift,Esc to bring up your processes then scroll down till you find both instances of orthos.

After you have them up right click and scroll down to the orthos processes right click and scroll down to set affinity. Make sure you target only 2 cores in each instances of orthos. Example orthos 1 target CPU 0 and CPU 1 then orthos instance 2 target the other 2 cpu's.

Yep, I've done that before. I'll try again, but it didn't do anything the last time I ran it.

Back
Top Bottom