Ran into another little problem.

Jkerman

Solid State Member
Well for some reason my computer wont produce sound. In the taskbar the little speaker thing has an x through it and when I roll my mouse over it says no audio output device is installed. I also use a program called Ventrillo to talk to my WoW buddys and when I connect to it it says unable to activate directsound. Thanks for any help.

Ok. Did you try updating your drivers? Sometimes, if there is an error in the drivers, or if something gets corrupted, your computer will not communicate with the devices properly. I just ran into this problem with my client this week.

If you update them, and the problem still persists, we can walk through some additional troubleshooting methods.

Go to www.driveragent.com. It is free to scan your computer but it costs $30 a year to be a member. I love the site because you can have unlimited driver updates and downloads. You will not have to search for them all over the net. the scan tells you which drivers are good and bad and which ones need to be updated. This is an awesome tool to use, especially when you are pressed for time fixing a client's computer.

@ OP

What is your sound device?? Do you have a dedicated sound card or is it onboard sound?? If it is onboard what is your m/board? have you looked on the manufacturers website for drivers?

With all due respect Waldorf he can get a sound driver for free from the manufacturers, why pay a third party $30 a year to source it? In your situation sure it would be handy but the average Joe has no need imo

Back
Top Bottom