Ram whats more important? speed or capacity

i am buying new ram not sure whats more important the speed or capacity

Firstly, buying the correct RAM is important. Whether or not speed or capacity is most important, depends on the sort of things you use your computer for. Also, all RAM must be the same speed. If you get faster RAM, and mix it in with slower RAM, your computer will access all your RAM at the slowest RAM speed (assuming they are compatible at all). For most users, 2 GB is fine, 4GB does provide performance increases in most cases. 8GB or more for enthusiasts who like to play games on high settings.

I think you don't really need a lot of ram, timing and speed is way more important, 4 GB is plenty a 6 GB will be enough in almost any case unless you're running 1000 programs at the same time.

I have not seen noticable speed improvment when upgrading ram speed, but I would still aim for low latencies and high mhz. 4GB should be more than enough, unless your using crysis 2 servers, lol...

Depends on what you're doing. If you're building a PC with DDR3 the stuff is cheap enough that you should get 4GB minimum.

In my experience, the amount is more important to the average user. I've never paid any attention to the speed of the RAM and have only rarely run into problems of 2 sticks not working together. I woudn't recommend anything under 4 GB.

Back
Top Bottom