RAM question

Celticsfan

Banned
When installing RAM into one of the RAM slots, is there something to look for so one knows it is in the correct way? The reason I ask is one time I put 2 slots of RAM in place and I was told it was backwards and now those 2 slots on the mobo are no longer working so hence the question.... DOH :confused:

thx

When installing RAM into one of the RAM slots, is there something to look for so one knows it is in the correct way? The reason I ask is one time I put 2 slots of RAM in place and I was told it was backwards and now those 2 slots on the mobo are no longer working so hence the question.... DOH :confused:

thx

It does take some force to put RAM in.
But if you're pushing it with all your might just forcing it in, you should know it's wrong.

It does take some force to put RAM in.
But if you're pushing it with all your might just forcing it in, you should know it's wrong.

Also, look at where the holes on the slots

DDR2 memory has a notch in a certain place, and it only fits that way.
Match up the notches then put some muscle into it :p

Also, look at where the holes on the slots

DDR2 memory has a notch in a certain place, and it only fits that way.
Match up the notches then put some muscle into it :p

The notch is exactly in the middle if I am not mistaken. That is why I messed it up in the first place.

So there is no specific thingf to look for to make sure it is the correct way?

No, it's not the "exact" middle. It is close but not quite. If the notches match up, then it is in correctly. You'll see if you flip it around that it won't quite fit.

Back
Top Bottom