RAM Problems ?

HarjotSD

Beta member
Hello

So i have a motherboard with 4 DDR2 RAM Ports, 3 of them had recently stopped working for an unexplained reason , now only one of them work,
is there any known fix for this kind of problem, or is there any way i can repair this / enable it to start working again, please help

Not necessarily. If nothing has changed, and you haven't pulled the memory out of the slots recently, and if dusting doesn't help, then it's likely that a signal chip or something on a module failed for some reason. If you swap the sticks out and run the system with just one at a time, you can usually isolate which DIMM it is that is the culprit. From there, it's just a matter of contacting the memory maker and asking if you're under warranty and then getting a replacement.

I just built a computer at work and the memory came in a triple pack - 1 of the included DIMMs was bad, it would show up in monitoring software like Everest and CPUZ, but the BIOS & Windows said it wasn't there. Turned out to be a bad signal chip, and I sent it back & got a replacement DIMM. It happens.

Back
Top Bottom