ram/mb question

convergecult

In Runtime
ok so i have this board right now http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813135223

and i posted before about ram compatibility and that helped a lot but i started reading reviews on this mb and people have been saying that it is very unstable at 2 gigs of ram and sometimes does not boot? should i take the gamble and buy another gig of ram or wait a while and upgrade my mb(i know i have posted a lot about me upgrading and still have not but i am hesitant to spend my money just yet)

I understand what you mean about spending money. We are always on here saying yeah buy this, buy that, etc, when if it was us, we would be a little etchy about it.

Why do you need 2GB RAM so badly? If I could, I would just buy a different board, or just stick to 1GB RAM. I would never take a gamble like that..

the 2 gigs of ram are needed because i do a lot of running photoshop go live and illustrator at the same time and it bogs it down... i do play games here and there mostly oblivion and it lags a bit...i want to go sli so im thinking of upgrading the mb as i have been saying for a while......but not sure what to go with. i think i am going to waite for more boards to come out that support core 2 duo and sli

You know, you may as well get another gig of memory. If it works, cool. If it doesn't, then you'll have it for your next motherboard. :D

Back
Top Bottom